Friday, October 15, 2021

My Take on Current Rap Music

I get it. Rap music is the pulse of the people. But lately, it seems more like drugs, sex,rock and roll and nothing in between. Im hoping for a Little Brother album, a Phonte solo album, some Oddisee. Or anything else with something more in it. Can I get an album with a woman's perspective on something other than what they talk about? How many more songs about hating hoes and bitches can a person write about?  Really?  For women,  it seems like the only thing people will listen to is how she is in bed, how she handles her man in bed, and what she does in bed, while shaking off other women who might want her man. Thats it. 😑 🥱

I guess the thing that brought on these feelings was me watching Rhyme and Reason on Netflix a few days ago. I got depressed because it seems like a lot of new music isn't really about telling your truth. There are people from all walks of life trying to be down with whatever they think people want to see and hear, and they're willing to portray that just for securing the bag and nothing else. Authentic stories are missing in a lot of music now. Its like there is nothing but lies coming from people who may not live like that for real. People seem only interested in the flex, and not bringing anything else to the table.   Its far, few and in between for a good story to be told. These days, I listen to a song, and I'm not moved by anything they talk about. It's a big ass remix. Even artists with no auto tune do this to me.  It isnt just the artists half my age either. The ones 40 and up make me feel this way as well. Even conscious rap gets on my nerves.  

Maybe I need to dig deeper into the digital crates a bit more, I dont know. But something's gotta give. Does anybody have any insight on why I might feel this way as a rap fan? I can't really call it.

No comments:

Post a Comment